SKOLKOVO CMDC with the support of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of the Environment of Finland held an online-conference “Finnish EPR System”
Moscow, July 2, 2020 — On July 2, 2020, the Consumer Market Development Center, with the support of the Ministry of the Environment of Finland and the Commission for Consumer Market Development of the Public Council under the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russian Federation, held the first event in a series of scheduled online conferences. As part of the discussion, international experience was studied in the field of implementation of the extended producer responsibility system (EPR) in Finland.
Event leaders were:
- Ilya Vadimovich Lomakin-Rumyantsev – Chairman of the Commission for Consumer Market Development of the Public Council under the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Director of the Consumer Market Development Center of Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO;
- Silvennoinen-Hiisku Svetlana – Project Coordinator for cooperation in the field of waste management of the Ministry of the Environment of Finland.
Conference speakers were experts from Finland:
- Teemu Virtanen – Leading Head of Responsibility for Manufacturers of Pirkanmaa ELY Center;
- Peter Rasmussen – Development Director of the Association of Plastic Packaging Manufacturers, Suomen Uusiomuovi Oy;
- Matti Nieminen – Leading Specialist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
During the event, Finnish colleagues highlighted the following issues:
- How has the EPR system developed in Finland: key challenges and legislative initiatives?
- About the EPR management system in Finland today: the roles and responsibilities of the parties, control and economic incentives.
- On the implementation of the EPR system: methods for the implementation of the EPR, participation of relevant associations, the responsibility of processors, the market for recycled materials.
- Is the Finnish model for implementing EPRs applicable to Russian conditions?
Among the event participants were representatives of specialized and industrial unions and associations, state authorities, waste management operators and waste managers, representatives of manufacturers of goods and packaging, large retail chains, non-profit organizations, representatives of the scientific and expert community.
In the final block of the online conference, the event leaders voted on the experience of which country it would be more interesting to get acquainted with as part of studying the implementation of the EPR system. The leaders were Germany, Austria and Japan.
"We plan to continue acquaintance with international experience in introducing and implementing an effective system of extended producer responsibility" (Ilya Lomakin-Rumyantsev).
Subscribe for our news
Stay tuned! Subscribe for our news. Wу will send you invitations to our events and special educational offers.
Request a consultationи
Please, leave your name and email address and our consultant will contact you in less than 24 hours.
Consent to the Processing of Personal Data
Hereby I, hereinafter referred to as the «Subject of Personal Data», pursuant to the Federal Law of 27.07.2006 № 152-FZ «On Personal Data» (as amended), freely, of my own accord and in my own interest, give my consent to the Moscow School Management «SKOLKOVO» (hereinafter referred to as the «School», legal address: 143025, Moscow region, Odintsovsky district, Skolkovo, Novaya Street, 100) to the processing of my personal data provided during the registration by filling out the web form on the School's website skolkovo.ru and its subdomains *. skolkovo.ru (hereinafter referred to as the «Website»), directed (filled) with the use of the Website.
I understand personal data as any information relevant to me as the Subject of Personal Data, including my last name, first name, address, education, occupation, contact information (phone, fax, email, postal address), photographs, and other information. I understand the processing of personal data as the collection, classification, accumulation, clarification, updating, modification, use, distribution, transmission, including cross-border, depersonalization, blocking, destruction, permanent storage, and any other actions (operations) with personal information.
The processing of personal data of the Subject of Personal Data is carried out solely for the registration of the Subject of Personal Data in the database of the School and then directing to the Subject of Personal Data mail messages and SMS notifications from the School, its affiliates and/or sub-contractors, including advertising content, information letters and newsletters, invitations to the events of the School, and other advertising and news content, as well as for the confirmation of the identity of the Subject of Personal Data when visiting the events of the School.
The date of issue of the consent to the processing of personal data by the Subject of Personal Data is the date of sending the registration form from the Website of the School.
The processing of personal data of the Subject of Personal Data can be accomplished by means of automation and/or without the use of automation in accordance with applicable laws of the Russian Federation and internal regulations of the School.
The school takes the necessary legal, organizational and technical measures or ensures their application to protect the personal data against unauthorized or accidental access, destruction, modification, blocking, copying, providing, distribution of the personal data, as well as other illegal actions towards the personal data and commits itself to preserve the confidentiality of the personal data of the Subject of Personal Data. The school has the right to involve subcontractors in the processing of personal data of the Subject of Personal Data subjects as well as the right to transfer the personal data to its affiliates for processing, ensuring the assuming of the relevant obligations of personal data confidentiality by such subcontractors and affiliates.
I am aware that:
1) this consent to the processing of my personal data provided during registration at the Website of the School and directed (filled) with the use of the Website is valid for twenty (20) years starting from the date of the registration at the Website of the School;
2) the consent may be revoked by me on the basis of a written application in optional form;
3) the provision of personal data of third parties without their consent is punishable in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.